When we originally asked for stories about Tim, we had no idea what we were going to receive. Then they came in multitude, in all forms imaginable from photographs to poems, from songs to anecdotes. They have been funny, heartwarming and educational. We have found so much joy in this form of celebration that we invite you to continue this sharing here.

Posted by Mary B on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Beautiful day today in Massachusetts with my family. It felt like Tim was there.

Love
Mary

Posted by Mom on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:17 pm

As I miss Tim more and more
And today is such a beautiful day
I am grateful that today is the day you chose to share this loving and fitting Navajo prayer
Thank you Celia
Perfect

Posted by Celia on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:17 pm

When Tim was in the hospital and we were still hopeful to have him come home with us, I went home to my apartment by myself and searched for something, anything. I found the following Navajo prayer. At the time I wished for it to be healing miracle. I have a kept a copy of it in my drawer and look at it now and again and think this is how Tim is now, fully restored to his most wonderful self.

The simplest and most obvious prayer is a request to God that the adversity end and that one be restored to health. Such prayers often involve "affirmations." There is a considerable psychological literature on the healing power of affirmations, and many cancer patients use them. Here is a beautiful Navajo prayer that uses affirmation:

O you who dwell In the house made of the dawn,
In the house made of the evening twilight . . .
Where the dark mist curtains the doorway,
The path to which is on the rainbow . . .
I have made your sacrifice.
I have prepared a smoke for you.

My feet restore for me.
My limbs restore for me.
My body restore for me.
My mind restore for me.
My voice restore for me.

Today, take away your spell from me.
Away from me you have taken it.
Far Off from me you have taken it.

Happily I recover.
Happily my interior becomes cool.
Happily my eyes regain their power.
Happily my head becomes cool.
Happily my limbs regain their power.
Happily I hear again.
Happily for me the spell is taken Off.

Happily I walk.
Impervious to pain, I walk.
Feeling light within, I walk . . .
In beauty I walk.
With beauty before me, I walk.
With beauty behind me, I walk.
With beauty below me, I walk.
With beauty all around me, I walk.

It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty

Posted by Mom on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Again, as sad a day as this will always be, I cannot help but think Tim's quirky smile whisks away thee sadness as we all just have to smile and enjoy the "spirit" of this unique day. All the children love dressing up, collecting goodies and the fun it brings. Tim's "trick " for us !( and insures no forgetting !

This year included the special twist of a Red Sox World Series win, something I was actually dreading, as we were in the ER during the last winning game, a most difficult ( grey sky) time. Yet somehow again he finds a way to turn the sky blue. Knowing his family and most of his friends ( maybe not all the New Yorkers !) are fans too. I think his plan must be to cloud the ER memories and replace with a blue sky win, enabling us to again enjoy a favorite, positive past time .
Even I have to smile today, at least a little .

Another very special "blue sky" highlight this year.
John Timothy Brereton arrived almost exactly on Tim's birthday, has to bring more than a little smile to anyone! All who know John and Mary know how special this is.
As Tim once said "everyone is happy and laughing when John is around".
We are thrilled as having added 3 boys to our family since 2007, no one could take that name. That now it is again associated with happiness and laughter is so special and delightful!
May he always be smiling.
And more blue skies will keep coming if you look for them.

Posted by Mary B on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Going out tonight in costume (As he would have liked). Will be sure to raise a glass to my dear cousin & friend. Lots of love to everyone.

Posted by Diane Rosselli on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Remembering Tim and all the special ways he made us laugh, live and love. We miss him more and more every year, but feel him with us in so many ways.

Posted by Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:12 am

Its been 6 years now, the sky is beautifully blue, the trees are showing off their array of wonderful colors, the Red Sox have won the Series, all good things that would have made Tim's day. So we to must try to see the same and not be sad. That's what he would want.Miss you dad.

Posted by Melissa L on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 pm

I can't believe it will be 6 years tomorrow. I miss you. I miss your handsome face, your big smile, your kind and generous heart, your funny stories, your laugh and your hugs! Heaven gained an amazing angel, but we miss you down here. R.I.P.

Posted by Diane Rosselli on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Sending caring thoughts to all of Tim's family and friends as we quietly celebrate his birthday. Tim was an amazing young man, the Rosselli's will forever hold him in our hearts.

"I think I'll go outside for a while and just smile..." can't hear it without thinking of him!

Posted by Mary B. on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 pm

As always I'm thinking of Tim. Now more than ever instead of thinking of myself I think of others and try to be more compassionate, loving, and peaceful as Timmy always was. Love to all of Tim's family and friends today.
-Mary